Meeting room services refer to a range of services or any one or some combination of services offered by us to you when booking one of the meeting rooms as set out in the description of the particular meeting room on the Website.
1. Who we are and how to contact us
- You can book a meeting room during Work Café opening hours.
- Booking can be made for a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 2 hours per day but cannot be extended beyond this.
- All bookings are subject to availability. We will send a formal confirmation of your booking to the e-mail address you provided to us.
- You are required to provide information about yourself and the purpose of the meeting when you book a meeting room to allow us to effectively manage the meeting room booking service.
- If you wish to make any changes to your booking or you no longer wish to use the meeting room, then you should let us and our staff know as soon as possible.
- Your booking will automatically expire if you do not record/confirm your attendance within 15 minutes of the meeting start time.
- The use of the meeting room includes hiring of all the equipment (“Equipment”) in the room, including without limitation tables, chairs and electrical equipment, as further detailed in the room specification on the Website.
- You must report any faulty Equipment to a member of the team as soon as possible.
- You must not move Equipment from the meeting room to any other part [or outside] of our premises without our consent.
- If you plan to use your own laptop/computer it must display a current PAT test label to conform with any legal requirements.
- If you wish to bring any additional technical or electrical equipment, you must agree this with us ahead of your booking. All such equipment must display a current PAT test label.
- You should not leave any equipment and any property you bring to Work Café unattended. Any equipment and property you bring onto the premises of Work Café is done so at your own risk and any loss or damage to your property is your responsibility.
- You must ensure that you leave the meeting room as you found it, removing all your equipment and putting all rubbish in the bin.
- If you damage any Equipment or any other items belonging to us whilst on the premises you agree to pay the costs for repairs or replacement of the item or items.
3. Use of Internet
- You are entitled to the use of free internet access subject to you complying at all times with the relevant provisions of the Digital Economy Act 2010 when using the free internet connection.
- We provide internet access through a third-party service provider. Please contact a member of our staff if you require internet access.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer, equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the internet on our premises.
4. Restrictions of Use
- When making a booking, you must declare to us the purpose of your booking and the meeting rooms and Equipment must be used for that purpose only.
- You must not use the meeting rooms or Equipment in any way which results in annoyance or disturbance to us or any visitors or which may bring our name into disrepute.
- You must not bring your own food and drinks into the Work Café and the meeting room and can only consume food and drink purchased on the premises.
- You cannot consume alcohol on the premises and you cannot bring alcohol onto the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Work Café.
- You are responsible for ensuring your own behaviour and that of others attending your meeting is always appropriate and in accordance with our principles and values. We reserve the right to cancel any bookings and to ask you and your group to leave if there is unacceptable behaviour, which we in our sole discretion deem inappropriate.
- You are responsible for carrying out any risk assessments and familiarising yourself with the fire evacuation procedures of the premises, including passing this information onto anyone using the meeting room you have booked.
- We shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable for:
- 1.1.2.any views and actions of other individuals and any action of a third parties on the Work Café.
- You are responsible for any damage or harm done to persons, building or property arising from your actions or omissions or those of your group.
How we use your personal information
- Any personal information we collect from you as part of the meeting room booking process will be used in accordance with our privacy notice which can be found at https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/support/customer-support/legal-information.